Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Theophilus London

Honestly Theo is my favorite new artist. He isn't your typical rapper and I say this because his whole style is unique and if you heard his music you wouldn't think that he's from NY but he actually is. He hails from Brooklyn NY but his mind inhabits another plane of existence and I really got the full experience last night.After that horrible exhibition of talent (Ashanti) Theophilus tore the place down, don't even bother to go looking for the spot because it doesn't exist anymore; Love In This Club  video basically.
 He had his live band set up behind him,
 he had his DJ on the MacBook Pro and he had our full attention.
 From the second he came out until he dropped the mic I was captivated almost too much to take pictures but I thought about the greater good (L&F Readers who weren't there) and I snapped out of my trance to snap some pics. 
As if his performance by itself wasn't enough he then brought Mr. Supra Mickey Facts on stage.
Then he brought up Ninja Sonik and they all rocked out in the building.
Theo is the best performer I have seen in a long time. I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing any of the Glow In The Dark Tour shows (There was a mix up and my tickets got sent to the wrong address) but I'd like to take this chance to thank Mr. London again for inviting me out to be a part of what happened last night.

Picture Kanye, Prince, Michael Jackson and James Brown all on stage at the same time and you get
Get into him here: Theophilus London


-special thanks-
-to Theo for extending that invitation to me
 -to Virginia for introducing me to such good music
-to Sham for accompanying me to this event

SoHo