Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lady GaGa: The Artist

"I always have a vision - when I'm writing a song I'm always thinking about the clothes, and the way I'm going to sing." She shifts in her chair to demonstrate. "Russian roulette," she sings, and crosses her legs. "How I move, that kind of stuff is written into the song. It's not just a song and I'm not just gonna stand on stage and sing." This approach to performance has ruffled many, including her own father. The first time he saw her on stage she was wearing "a leopard-thong-fringed bikini with a sequinned high-waisted belt and granny panties, and it was so wrong it was amazing." Her father stayed for the entire show. "And he told me I did a great job. But he was shocked. And alarmed. My mother told me he broke down and told her he thought I was crazy. Really crazy. Later that week my family said, 'It was just really hard to watch that show and we think you've lost your mind and we don't know what to do." Lady GaGa

When people think that you have completely lost your mind it's a good thing because that is how you judge your progression. Historically everyone that has opened their mind and done something that has never been done before or thought impossible was considered out of their mind. "I don't understand him/ her anymore, I think he/ she has finally lost it." or "You can't do that, are you crazy?"
YES! 
I saw embrace the madness because that is the only way you know that you make sense for sure.
"Approval taste good but rejection is necessary." Jason Burke

SoHo