Saturday, March 1, 2008

Show Time!



Location: Paris
Event: Fashion Week Spring 08
Designer: Alexander McQueen
Now I know what your thinking. Your thinking is this fashion? Seriously now one of the women is wearing a dead bird, while another has butterflies in her hair and then there's a dress with over sized clothes hangers attached to it. So I ask you again is this fashion or are these pieces too costume esc to be considered fashion. YES! I say unashamed of my response yes this is fashion and it is glorious. What may appear to you as an overcompensation for the lack of something translates to me as creativity and innovation. It's fashion week, its supposed to be a show and there is nothing to compensate for the dresses are exquisite aside from the oversized head pieces and other various distractions. Besides when have you known Alexander McQueen to design anything average or normal? Even his prêt-à-porter can be considered weird at times. However I love this show, I was captivated by it as soon as the first model walked out. This is what the runway is all about; creativity. Oh and the butterfly idea; genius. Im at the edge of my seat to see how next season's shows turn out because I was extremely pleased with this one.

SoHo