Saturday, June 7, 2008

It Wont Be Before Long

Have you ever heard of Rowdy Superstar? Don't feel left out, before today I haven't either but I guess its like one of his songs says "it wont be before long now when everybody finds out". I think that his music is somewhere between vogue and house music. When I first went to his Myspace page and heard his music my initial response was "WTF!" but then I sat back and dug into his lyrics while looking through his photo album I started to understand him better and I got a feel for what he was trying to express. The way he dresses is distinct and to some maybe obscene but you cant say that he isn't original (with a touch of Rick James). I was at a Theophilus London performance working the room and I met this guy but at the time I didn't know who he was. To me he was just a guy wearing a lot of sequin's, a little too much for my liking but thats what he likes so who am I to knock him. Besides he's an entertainer, he needs to be dramatic to captivate the audience. What's more dramatic than sequin's?

Get deeper into Rowdy Superstar here: Rowdy

Check out the video to Tick Tock:
SoHo