Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Naked Truth

When I came across this picture I was moved for a couple reasons. My first reaction was am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? Are my eyes deceiving me or is she completely naked? Upon enlarging the picture my mind was reassured of what my eyes were viewing; the model in the picture is completely naked. Then I let out a laugh that would have scared anyone within earshot of my genuinely maniacal howl. What I realized in my second thought was something that most people wouldn't this picture is deeper than your mind would first conceive. 

There is a Chanel bag covering the head of the model and she is in heels however that is all she is wearing. So rather than explain what I think about this picture I'll ask you this: when you buy high priced, high fashion articles of clothing what are you really buying into?

source


SoHo

2 comments:

  1. OMG! This picture is awesomely, mind boggling and the ideal representation of self proclaimed "label whores" (myself included). I dub myself Chanel obsessed, and have often joked about wearing nothing but Chanel. After viewing this image, I guess the jokes on me! Loves it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joke is on us all. You get what you pay for which is just a name.

    ReplyDelete