Friday, November 13, 2009

Peace To A King

Photo's by: Melinda Griffith 

For this part of the shoot I was channeling my favorite member of the Wu Tang Clan. Peace to the King Russell Jones better known as the "Ol' Dirty Bastard". Funny fact about myself is when I first heard "Brooklyn Zoo" as a child I thought it wasn't in English. Now I can't stop playing the song. When he got signed to Roca Fella records under the alias "Dirt McGirt" I was happy because Kanye was doing his beats and he had an all star cast and crew backing him so the album was going to be amazing but unfortunately he died in a manhattan studio from a drug overdose and the album was never completed. I still have the newspaper article written on him that was published the day after his death.

 

SoHo

No comments:

Post a Comment