Wednesday, May 14, 2008

N.E.R.D at BBC


With the Glow in the Dark tour coming to New York on the date of 3/13 you would think that anything else would fly under the radar; well at least thats what I thought. I didn't consider the people that weren't going to the concert but still wanted to get some action. 

N.E.R.D hosted a t-shirt signing at the BBC/ ICE CREAM flagship store in SoHo and the turn out was ridiculous (refer to L&F Personal for the walk through) the crowd stretched the length of three stores. People from all walks of life could be found in this crowd; believe me I looked. The cool kids, the skaters, the die hard N.E.R.D fans, the Pharrell fans (yes there is a difference) and the BBC enthusiast were all present and disorderly lined up for about two hours before N.E.R.D actually showed up in their chauffeured Yukon Denali. There was one parked directly outside of the store for the entire time however that was just a decoy to create suspense.
However when they did show up nobody but Coolness P realized. We were standing across the street and a second Yukon pulled up and P told me that Hugo got out so I briskly walked across the street and discretely approached the vehicle and just then Pharrell gets out. (refer to L&F Personal for the talk with Pharrell video) and hence these great shots. 
Enjoy
-Chad
-Pharrell 
-Get all the way into his shades... now die.
-Chad told me my outfit was sick
-Get into his Tom Ford shades

SoHo