Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gucci: Spring 09

Frida what have you done with the kingdom?

-style note-
Frida Giannini is the creative director of Gucci, she was one of the designers that was kept after Tom Ford jumped ship and swam about his own vessel.

 I was expecting to see glory and honestly I am disappointed. There are some pieces that I think are nice but this is Gucci and I don't understand this whole amazonian phase that your going through. It looks like she was trying to channel Pucci in a way but took a wrong turn along the way. This in no way shape or form says Gucci to me. When you take the reigns of a fashion house with as much prestige as the house of Gucci has you have to do justice by maintaining a certain amount of creativity and class. This is not a bad collection it just isn't good enough to bear the Gucci name. This is Milan! You have a responsibility to put on a good show and what I'm looking at is just too watered down and too commercial. I look to the future in expectation of a redemption collection.
The looks:



This is the best dress out of them all and what a coincidence my favorite model Chanel is modeling it.

SoHo