Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Swagger Collection

Japanese born clothing line Swagger has recently released their newest collection and here are the looks. For the most part it is a street wear brand but I believe that everything in the world is affected by everything around it so fashion is one universal idea. There shouldn't be a division between high fashion and street wear. I like the creativity that went into the designs for the looks of this collection and I am impressed by a very thought provoking down jacket. It brings to mind thoughts of space and the unknown. The cut of the denim comes across as a surprise to me because Japanese denim is mainly cut wider and tends to be baggy. In a Complex interview 
Lupe Fiasco admitted to being fascinated by Japanese clothing and in one of his songs he commented on Swagger so I think it would be safe to say that he is a fan of their work. To get your hands on some pieces: 

"This is just a little bit of freshness, you know what I mean, a little bit of Swagger" Lupe Fiasco
SoHo