Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gianfranco Pezzot: Resorts

I can honestly say that I went into this exhibit with some expectations, mainly because of the noise being made about Gianfranco Pezzot. Personally I hadn't seen any of his previous work but I was curious to see his newest exhibit "Resorts". I must say that the work was enough to support the hype but after speaking to the man I was convinced that this is a photographer to be known. Previously he did fashion photography when I inquired as to why he no longer does it his response was simply: " I got bored". Well his new exhibit is anything but of boring and can simply be described as art. Upon first glance you may say these are just buildings but if you look at the entire piece and take in the scenery and get a sense of the environment you will start to see what Pezzot say when he took the pictures; beauty. I noticed that there was a sense of some architectural art heavily involved in these pieces so I inquired if he was more interested in the architectural aspect of the area. He assured me that his focus wasn't on the buildings but more on the atmosphere that the buildings were a part of and the environment that the buildings help create. The piece seen below just happens to be my favorite in the exhibit, we spoke a bit about the construction of the building and how the mere structure and design of it is artistic. The angles use a bit of symmetry and the perspective that the photograph was taken from is very endearing; I fond this very impressive.


Over all it was an enjoyable experience. The photo's in the exhibit were appealing and Mr. Pezzot was a pleasure to talk to. He is very passionate about his work and he is good at what he does. When you meet good spirited people like that, that are doing what they were meant to do it is inspiring. Congratulations on the new exhibit and we wish you nothing but the best to infinity and beyond.