Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ricky Regardless

Hello America and good morning L&F. I present to you the lyrically inclined Arc or as he likes to refer to himself, Black Moses. If you don't know, the last man to call himself the Black Moses was Issac Hayes in 1971, before him there was Marcus Garvey and Harriet Tubman; both of whom were referred to as the Black Moses. Now when you hear all of this you might be slightly confused as to how all of this comes together to make sense but then you hear the music and you begin to understand. In my personal opinion he seems like a new age Nas. He's just a lot better at writing commercial music than Nas is.  I can't refer to him as a conscious rapper, I think it wouldn't be fair to put him in that box. I feel like he's just a lyricist because he's so versatile and most importantly the music is worth listening to. His music was recently released on iTunes but if you aren't convinced yet then I suggest you make your way over to his Myspace page to listen to his playlist.

SoHo