Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Eye 11 Floors High

click to enlarge

This is the most relaxing aspect of the office but it doubles as the most inspiration part as well. When it all becomes too much and I'm tired of sending death threats to my clients who haven't done what little I ask of them I make way to the window and peer out into the water. Looking out this window takes me somewhere else for however long I choose to stay there. I can't hear the woman behind me yelling at her client about a statement that she never faxed over. I can hear the office manager calling the new guy a slacker or that senior account manager taunting the guy that looks like Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York. All I know at this point is the water. It becomes the most inspirational part for me when I see some guys sail boat drift by, sails flying high and the wind behind them. Makes me think to myself... How much longer before I can put a boat in that harbor?

SoHo

No comments:

Post a Comment