Saturday, September 6, 2008

J-Lo in Elle

Jennifer Lopez got the cover of the October edition of Elle magazine and she looks stunning. I have selected the three looks that I think show three different sides to Jennifer. The cover shot is more of the real person; like when she said "I'm just Jenny from the block". Sometimes the world gets so caught up in seeing you as this super being that they forget that your just human. Sometimes you forget that your human, then something happens to bring you back to reality; thats the emotion that the cover shot is giving me.
Then there is this Princess Diaries inspired shot that is really showing me the big kid. No matter who you are and how old or important you are somewhere in your mind is a kid. People get their inner child out in different ways. Some buy fast cars and treat the road like Nascar while others collect figurines. Whatever you do to get your inner child out it is important that you do so regularly but with some restraint because after all you aren't a child anymore. Nevertheless I think this shot is playful, pleasant and really cute.
This is my favorite of all, this is the fierce J-Lo. This is the storm, either you take cover or get left under sheet-rock in the wreckage. The look is sleek and modern, the bag works with the outfit, she could do without the fur but I'm not a PETA member so I'm only making a suggestion. Everything about this shot just jumps out at you, grabs your attention and suspends you in mid air.
Bravo

SoHo