Wednesday, August 27, 2008

NY Fashion's Top 50 Most Powerful

The list is finally out, this just in by way of the Daily News:
Anna Wintour is number one on the list and shouldn't she be? If you don't know she is Mrs. Vogue. I challenge you to show me someone more influential then her, she is the real Miranda Priestly. "Do you know how many girls out there would die for your job?" Nigel (Stanley Tucci)
The name in the number two spot on the list might not be so readily recognizable but trust me his name is up there for a good reason. He is the Marc Jacobs of the Gap, the way he swooped in to shake up the company. Their looks had strayed too far from what they stood for so he was brought in to turn the tide. I would argue that he need's to switch seats with Marc Jacobs but that might just be my bias kicking in.
Mr. Bleecker st. has made it to number three on the list of fifty. Thats a big deal and I think he is very deserving of that spot, he's been doing so much for so long; recognition is overdue.

To see the rest of the list: CLICK HERE

SoHo