Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Foresight: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Let this serve as a testimony that I saw it before it happened. This picture was taken around 2PM on september 9th in the lobby at Bryant Park fashion week. The topic isn't the beautiful young lady (Vanessa) that I took the picture with but rather an aspect of my outfit. I had no idea what I was going to wear and I almost didn't make it out because of the rain but at the last minute I decided to go and this is the outfit that I threw together. The belt that I synched my waist with is a leather Marc Jacobs belt. Also take notice to the rolled up sleeves and the slender effect caused by the belt.

Later on that same night Marc Jacobs sent this look down the runway for his Marc by Marc Jacobs line:
Does anyone have any questions about my credibility to write fashion articles?
Good. Notice the belts and the similar effect created by the belts. The belt that is actually synched around her waist is the thinner red belt, the larger off white belt is just there for decoration. I know it was a risk on my part and it was a stretch but isn't that what I'm always advising you (the reader) to do? Why would you listen to something that I tell you that you should try if I'm not willing to do it myself? The next time you come to a metaphysical cliff in life, just take a chance and jump.

SoHo