Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Look: 2

Yes! This look is everything and at the same time nothing at all. If you pay close attention to it you'll see that this is fabric still in the raw form but he definitely made some alterations and made it work with that Louis bag. He definitely sold me this look and the vest is so on point that I'm a little upset that my gray vest isn't as alive. However if you pay close attention to his pant you can clearly see that Chanel was his inspiration. Yes Karl Lagerfeld influences the masses in mysterious ways but if you think back to the last time you've seen Chanel on a runway you'll start to remember this look. 
Allow me:
Runway looks are like quotes because they are statements that are made to be interpreted by everyone but everyone interprets things differently so I love when I see the different ways in which people interpret the runway looks and then recreate their interpretation of the look for their wardrobe. That is truly wonderful.
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week

SoHo