Sunday, September 13, 2009

ROMEing Panda!

When I first heard about the ROMEing Panda exhibit it was still in the early stages and nothing was definite; that was about a month ago. I got a text message from APN of 6'' informing me of the exhibit, the night of. I headed out to the event not expecting anything more than new colors on the rings however I was completely blown away by the range of Panda accessories created. It would be an understatement to say that Rome has been busy. He has completed a full collection ranging from the classic gummy bear rings in the original colors to belts, pins, pendants and neck accouterments. I am very impressed with Rome's progression to say the least. He has transformed what started out as just a cool ring that he impressed his friends with to a complete collection with endless possibilities. 
Rome

I am genuinely intrigued by the way in which an artist mind works. To take something as practical as a gummy bear and make people pay attention to it by reintroducing it is a talent. Most people don't even look at gummy bears when they eat them. The gummy bears in the "Yummy Gummy" collection are made out of a lucite mold of an actual gummy bear so no real gummy bears were injured in the process of the creation of the collection. I just want to take this time out to toast to Rome and all the people involved in the creation of this collection and the showing of the collection. I enjoyed the presentation 100%. I know that there was/ is a very special team involved with the process so to them I want to say congratulations.

To the people that aspire to do anything, work as hard as you can and then you work even harder because no one is going to put anything in your hand; you have to want it. You have to fight for your dreams because if you don't believe in your dreams how can I? If you don't fight for your dreams why should I? Nothing is impossible.

For more pictures from the showing of the collection CLICK HERE
For any questions, concerns and or ordering information: ROMEing Panda

SoHo

No comments:

Post a Comment