Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reed Space (Continued)

Heading home from Seize sur Vingt the other day I decided to take an unusual route and this is what I found along with a bunch of Indian shops that tried to sell me trilby's (a post coming to you soon)
This is Reed Space. I've always heard about Reed Space but I have never physically been there and I thought to myself "I wonder how many other people don't know about Reed Space". The whole reason that we made the blog was for people that don't know about the things that are as second nature to us; we are here to enlighten the world.
Reed Space is everything and nothing in particular at the same time. You could call it a skate shop but then you'd be doing injustice to the rest of the store. You could call it a sneaker store but then you'd end up in the same situation. When I first walked in I wrote it off as a sneaker store but the sneakers wasn't the first part of the store that fell into my optical view. It was actually this display of books seen above that are more than just decor, thats actual reading material for sale.
Next is the hats and figurines displayed behind the register that is also for sale. The actual space in the store is big enough to skate through, that makes me think that's what they do on slow days (just a thought). I don't believe they have a larger figurine selection than Kid Robot but it seems that they have some that are exclusively produced for and are exclusive to Reed Space.
Of course they have a cool sneaker selection completing the feeling of the store. It's like a cool kid super market. They also have exclusive boards for your consumption purposes. Care to look around the Reed Space yourself?
Sure here's the address:
151 Orchard st. between Rivington and Stanton 
New York, NY 10002

SoHo