Friday, August 8, 2008

Betsey Johnson 30th Anniversary Celebration


What do you get when you mix champagne and cupcakes?
A Betsey Johnson 30th celebration. At first I was so confused as to why they would do that but then as I looked over the fall collection it became clear to me that this was more than just a last minute combination. This should be in their employee manual, this should be at every designers hip at headquarters. Champagne and cupcakes! Yes! That is a perfect description for the clothes that they produce. There is the soft and playful side and then there is the edge. So champagne and cupcakes was very fitting for this celebration.
The celebration took place at:

248 Columbus ave.
between 71st and 72nd street.

also check out the website: Betsey 

I thought that these two members of staff exemplified the champagne, cupcake complex perfectly so I snapped them.

Get in:
Cupcakes
Champagne

SoHo