Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fashion x Life?

It amazing how life works out. I was in conversation with a fellow blogger yesterday and I said: "I do not love fashion, fashion imitates life and I love life". That quote brings us to where we are today with these looks straight off of the runway for various designers fall collection. These looks are a direct example of how fashion imitates life. In current events the world is in an uproar about the price of oil per barrel and how it is affecting the consumers because oil is used for so much more than just fuel. Here you see that designers aren't exempt from this and are in fact also affected by it. 
The look above is a very edgy look from Lanvin that I indulge in looking at. From the make-up to the hair and the gloves I love the look; not to mention the dress is the best.

Get into these other looks:
Colette Dinnigan
-side note-
Second favorite dress, such an elegant evening gown however it is my second favorite because it may be too formal for some events. However it is still a well crafted work of art.

Roksanda Llincic
Calvin Klein
Bottega Veneta

SoHo