Monday, July 13, 2009

A Hendrix So Real

Sebastian Krüger

While walking through SoHo today I stopped in this art gallery that caught my attention by the name alone "Pop". Upon entering I was greeted by a slew of inspiring pieces but out of the sea quality pop art work two Krüger pieces caught my attention: a Mick Jagger and the Hendrix that you see above. This Hendrix played Stairway to Heaven for me. I touched the painting and plucked a string on the legendary guitar, I asked him for his jacket and he gladly relinquished it to me with a smile but I couldn't get a block in it because it was too big for me. That is how real the paintings are in this gallery so please do yourself a favor and check it out.

Pop International Galleries
473 W Broadway # ANew YorkNY‎ 
(212) 533-4262

SoHo

No comments:

Post a Comment