Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Loyalty?

I think its safe to say that N.E.R.D has a pretty loyal following. The majority of the people that wear Bape, BBC and Ice Cream wear it because of Pharrell. So when ever Pharrell and the gang come down to the BBC flagship store in SoHo NYC all of the Bape heads, BBC feans and Ice Creamers flock to the store hoping to see GQ's best dressed man of the year and possibly take pictures either of him or with him.

N.E.R.D's latest album Seeing Sounds' official release date is 6/10/08 but New Yorkers had an opportunity to get a copy of the album 3 days early. The BBC/ Ice Cream flagship store in SoHo NYC had the album in stock for sale beginning at 11am on 6/7/08 and a promotional tee shirt was also released.

refer back to Seeing Sounds

I got there at 1PM, I was anticipating a line 5 extra stores long, all albums and tee shirts sold out and some kids overjoyed because they got the album. Much to my surprise this is what I found; nothing. There was absolutely nobody there but the employees. I inquired inside about how the release was promoted, I was then informed that it was mainly word of mouth, but it was also on the BBC blog and it was on Classic L&F.

Seems like you all don't care unless Pharrell will be there.

-side note-
P and I purchased a copy of Seeing Sounds each; have you?

Review coming soon.
SoHo