Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello World: Toccara Jones


This is Ms. Toccara Jones in Vogue Italia. Honestly I think it was a good shoot, at first she didn't sell me with the whole car theme because of her facial expression. People don't realize how much a facial expression adds to a shot, in some flickers the face makes the shot. In the case of the first flicker of her "holding" the car I think she looks beautiful but she just didn't sell me in the shot.
However in this shot she definitely made me a believer; why? It was all in the facial expression. Upon a quick review of the shot you'd just dismiss it as her squinting because the light was in her face but if you really get into it, she is actually trying not to squint because the light is in her face while remembering that this is a photo shoot and she has to look sick. All of those factors calculated gives you one convincing shot. I like it a lot and I think this was a good look for her. Showing the world that she can do more than just exhibit her double D chest.

-a look back-
SoHo