Saturday, July 12, 2008

sights from SoHo: American Girl

In every movie that involves a foreign character preferably one from Russia or Germany you always hear the phrase "American girl" or more commonly "stupid American girl". I don't think that anyone ever stops to ask themselves what exactly is an "American girl"? Well there is a specific image of what an American girl is supposed to be and that is conservative. However I think that is contradictory to the "American Way" because we aren't a conservative country. We believe that we are the best nation in the world and we won't hesitate to let the whole world know. So I love it when I see American women like this women seen above who aren't afraid to be themselves and just be so nonchalant about it making it appear effortless. Everything in this outfit works and comes together to represent so much more than just clothes, it speaks to me of her. The rips in the stockings, the boots, the super V, the pink phone case and pink Ray Ban's and finally the necklace all tell me a story.

Thank You

SoHo