Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chester French

I've been so busy this month that I haven't gotten around to reading July's GQ but yesterday I devoured some pages and look who I came across; Chester French. Now if you don't know, Chester French is a band comprised of two young men that attended Harvard. Sounds crazy right, however it is the truth. What makes their situation even weirder is the fact that Jermaine Dupri, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West were fighting over who would get to sign them. In every competition there has to be a winner and a loser, in this situation the winner was Pharrell and I believe that he won because he was the only one that wanted the boys to continue producing themselves. He feels that they are self sufficient and that they are doing a great job so they signed a deal with him, took the advance money and in their own words "gave the album a boob job". 
Chester French ladies and gentlemen; Chester French.
source: The Gentlemen's Quarterly

SoHo