Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yes Ma'am: Big Hat

-side note-
This picture is an instant classic

I have spent the entire summer looking for this kind of woman and now that I have found her I am overjoyed. She was such a pleasant woman and she actually works in the fashion industry, so if you see her just offer a friendly hello. I caught this lovely tipper trotting through a crowded SoHo Block and when I seen the hat I just had to talk to her. I miss the days when women wore hats like this and shades like that. Does anyone remember Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?
These big hats are so classic that I think every woman should at least own one. Besides its the summer in New York and the sun is proving to be unrelenting so your going to need something to protect yourself from it; why not look good doing so?
Where are the parasol grippers? Where are the flip fan holders? Where have all the big hat wearers gone? Those are the kind of women that I miss seeing. I'd like to thank this beautiful woman for her cooperation, her conversation and for being such a positive example in fashion.

SoHo