Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Paris Haute Couture FW 08/09: Chanel

This is a yes in so many ways. In my opinion this is a Lagerfeld piece that was design for Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly. This is for a powerful woman because when she enters the room she will have everyone's attention and she has to know what to do with that kind of attention. She commands respect with each step and they give it to her with every breath.
How many times have you seen this before? Honestly this is the simplistic view on thinking outside of the box. I really like it, this is what couture is supposed to be. It's a show, it's supposed to be over the top and dramatic. From the dress to the do and the make up this is a complete couture look.

It only gets better from here on in. Scarlett style gloves, picture frames, umbrella arms on Morticia dresses and playful pink Grecian design's.
 Dig In:


Everybody is going to be so mad at me when I start channeling Lagerfeld with my outfits but I don't care. Life is about making yourself happy, if you try to please people you will never be happy and if you wait on other people to make you happy you will never be happy. You have to be happy with yourself first.